by Mike Masnick
Tue, Sep 22nd 2009 2:58pm
Sometimes you have to wonder if certain celebrities even know what they're talking about half the time. A few years back, Elton John went on an anti-internet tirade, where he suggested shutting down the entire internet for five years for the sake of saving music. So, it was a bit of a surprise a few weeks back to see him among the list of big name rockstars coming out against kicking people off the internet for file sharing. Apparently, though, no one told Elton John that he was on that list, because now he's switched positions again and is saying that he's all for Peter Mandelson's proposal to kick people off the internet. Yes, just a couple weeks after his name was on a document against the very same proposal. Perhaps we shouldn't take much of what his opinion is this week seriously, when even he doesn't seem to know what it is.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ridiculous Ruling In Ireland Requires ISP To Kick Those Accused (Not Convicted) Of File Sharing Off The Internet
- Defense Department Keeps Losing 'Sensitive' Explosives Gear, Then Finding It For Sale On Ebay
- Apple's Attempt At A TV Revolution Runs Face First Into Comcast Corporation
- Why Are Some People So Intent On Making Netflix More Like Traditional TV?
- Cable's Latest Great Idea: Speed Up Programs So They Can Stuff More Ads Into Every Hour