by Mike Masnick
Tue, Sep 22nd 2009 2:58pm
Sometimes you have to wonder if certain celebrities even know what they're talking about half the time. A few years back, Elton John went on an anti-internet tirade, where he suggested shutting down the entire internet for five years for the sake of saving music. So, it was a bit of a surprise a few weeks back to see him among the list of big name rockstars coming out against kicking people off the internet for file sharing. Apparently, though, no one told Elton John that he was on that list, because now he's switched positions again and is saying that he's all for Peter Mandelson's proposal to kick people off the internet. Yes, just a couple weeks after his name was on a document against the very same proposal. Perhaps we shouldn't take much of what his opinion is this week seriously, when even he doesn't seem to know what it is.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Cord Cutting Is Very Real, And 25% Of Americans Won't Subscribe To Traditional Cable By Next Year
- Bad Take: Rep. Sensenbrenner's Response Over Internet Privacy Concerns: 'Nobody's Got To Use The Internet'
- Court Strikes Probation Restrictions Banning Teen From Using Encryption, Accessing Internet For Personal Reasons
- Trump's Internet Brigades Shocked To Realize The Government Just Sold Them Out On Privacy
- The Cord Cutting The Cable Industry Says Isn't Happening, Keeps Happening