by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 23rd 2009 4:40am
Slashdot points us to the news that the police chief in Austin Texas is so upset about anonymous commenters, or commenters pretending to be police officers, on various internet websites that he's going to start going after them. His complaint? Those comments "erode public trust in the [police] department." Funny, I would think that wasting public resources going after a bunch of random internet commenters rather than focusing on actual crime prevention and solving would do a lot more to erode the public trust in the police department.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Popehat v. James Woods SLAPP-down Match; Coming Soon To A Court Near You
- Daily Dot Latest To 'Keep Conversation Moving Forward' By Not Letting Site Visitors Comment At All
- Everyone's A Bad Guy: German Regulator Orders Facebook To Drop Its Stupid 'Real Name' Policy
- Police Cameras Are Valuable... But Not If They Can Alter The Videos
- I'll Put My Name On This Piece Declaring It Idiotic To Argue Against Anonymity Online