by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 23rd 2009 4:40am
Slashdot points us to the news that the police chief in Austin Texas is so upset about anonymous commenters, or commenters pretending to be police officers, on various internet websites that he's going to start going after them. His complaint? Those comments "erode public trust in the [police] department." Funny, I would think that wasting public resources going after a bunch of random internet commenters rather than focusing on actual crime prevention and solving would do a lot more to erode the public trust in the police department.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- If You Want To Believe This Country Is Falling Apart, Just Ask Those Who Are Supposed To Be Keeping It Together
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Changing The Channel
- In Leaked Recording, Austin Police Chief Tears Into Commanders For Fatal Shootings, Use Of Excessive Force
- Actor James Woods Gloats Over Death Of Random Twitter Troll He Sued To Unmask [Updated]
- Judge Tears Apart Law Enforcement's Ridiculous Assertions About 'Suspicious' Behavior