by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 23rd 2009 4:40am
Slashdot points us to the news that the police chief in Austin Texas is so upset about anonymous commenters, or commenters pretending to be police officers, on various internet websites that he's going to start going after them. His complaint? Those comments "erode public trust in the [police] department." Funny, I would think that wasting public resources going after a bunch of random internet commenters rather than focusing on actual crime prevention and solving would do a lot more to erode the public trust in the police department.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Texas Attorney General Sues Self To Stop Self From Releasing Documents He Says Can't Be Released
- Here's The Ridiculous Texas Law That Allows Law Enforcement To Pretend A Digital Clock Is A Hoax Bomb
- Police Drop Case Against Kid Who Made Clock, While Mayor Worries About The Impact... On The Police
- Texas Police Arrest Kid For Building A Clock
- Popehat v. James Woods SLAPP-down Match; Coming Soon To A Court Near You