by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 16th 2009 3:35am
Arizona has become ground zero with the backlash against redlight cameras, with plans to get rid of them across the state. And yet... Dave Records alerts us to the news that the annual "Governor's Celebration of Innovation" includes a variety of companies nominated for awards... including Redflex, the redlight camera maker who was just complaining that its revenue was dropping due to public opposition to such cameras. Oops.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Once More: The TPP Agreement Is Not A Free Trade Agreement, It's A Protectionist Anti-Free Trade Agreement
- Techdirt Reading List: Learning By Doing
- The Right Way To Stop Piracy
- 'Revenue Generating' Traffic Cameras Forcing Governments To Refund Millions Of Dollars
- Shocking: Red Light Camera Company CEO And Chicago City Official Indicted On Corruption Charges