by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 9th 2009 3:59pm
Last week, in the comments on our post about a story in The Onion fooling newspapers in Bangladesh, a commenter named Esteban pointed out that down in Argentina, news reporters recently did a typical moral panic-style piece about teens drinking an alcoholic concoction called Grog XD with the ingredients: "kerosene, propylene glycol, artificial sweeteners, sulphuric acid, rum, acetone, red dye no. 2, scumm, axle grease, battery acid, and/or pepperoni." The source of the story? An ingredients list found on Facebook. Apparently, the reporters were unfamiliar with The Secret of Monkey Island -- the popular game from which the recipe was taken, but thankfully some folks have put together a nice video comparing the two:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NBC Delayed Story About Trump's Access Hollywood Recording Over Fear That He Might Sue
- Following Coverage Of Trademark Dispute, Lawyer Demands Image On News Story Be Taken Down As Infringing
- If You're A Journalist Who Thinks That Pointing Out Lies Shows Bias, You're Not A Journalist
- Donald Trump Has Freed Up Journalists' Ability To Call Bullshit; But It Won't Last, Nor Extend To Others
- Did The NSA Continue To Stay Silent On Zero-Day Vulnerabilities Even After Discovering It Had Been Hacked?