by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 9th 2009 3:59pm
Last week, in the comments on our post about a story in The Onion fooling newspapers in Bangladesh, a commenter named Esteban pointed out that down in Argentina, news reporters recently did a typical moral panic-style piece about teens drinking an alcoholic concoction called Grog XD with the ingredients: "kerosene, propylene glycol, artificial sweeteners, sulphuric acid, rum, acetone, red dye no. 2, scumm, axle grease, battery acid, and/or pepperoni." The source of the story? An ingredients list found on Facebook. Apparently, the reporters were unfamiliar with The Secret of Monkey Island -- the popular game from which the recipe was taken, but thankfully some folks have put together a nice video comparing the two:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hulk Hogan's $115 Million Win Against Gawker Raises Serious First Amendment Questions
- Google Threatens 9to5Google Over Trademark, Rescinds Threat, Leaves Everyone Frightened
- Judge Blocks Release Of Anti-Abortion Videos As The Arbiter Of Journalism
- UK Government Spends Three Years And Large Sums Of Money To Avoid Revealing The Number '13'
- Citizen Arrested While Filming A Political Rally Indicted By Grand Jury... Just After She Announces Her Plan To Sue Those Involved