by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 9th 2009 3:59pm
Last week, in the comments on our post about a story in The Onion fooling newspapers in Bangladesh, a commenter named Esteban pointed out that down in Argentina, news reporters recently did a typical moral panic-style piece about teens drinking an alcoholic concoction called Grog XD with the ingredients: "kerosene, propylene glycol, artificial sweeteners, sulphuric acid, rum, acetone, red dye no. 2, scumm, axle grease, battery acid, and/or pepperoni." The source of the story? An ingredients list found on Facebook. Apparently, the reporters were unfamiliar with The Secret of Monkey Island -- the popular game from which the recipe was taken, but thankfully some folks have put together a nice video comparing the two:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The NYTimes Plays Its Role In 'Keeping Fear Alive' With Pure Fearmongering Over PATRIOT Act Renewal
- New York District Court Denies Immunity To NYPD Officers Who Arrested A Citizen For Filming Them
- Ex-CIA Officials To New York Times: Don't Try To Hold The CIA Accountable. The CIA Will Hold The CIA Accountable.
- PGA Joins NHL In Yanking Reporter Credentials Over Use Of Periscope On Golfers Practicing
- NHL Bans Use Of Periscope Streaming By Media During Warmups And Intermissions