by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 3rd 2009 6:26am
With so many stories out there of companies screwing over customers or making life difficult for users, it's always nice to hear a good story. Apparently, Netflix recently had a problem with their Xbox video streaming, and proactively refunded money to customers without them asking. I can't think of any other company I've heard of that's done that. Hell, I remember a past broadband provider who I would call (regularly) without outages, and the best they would do is say that after the service came back, I could call and then they would process a refund -- knowing that when that finally happened hours later, it wouldn't be worth the hassle to call back in and wait on hold.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Netflix Mocks NBC's Obsession With TV Ratings Systems Built For A Bygone Era
- Netflix Applauds T-Mobile's Binge On, Forgets It Opposed Zero Rating Just Last Year
- Comcast, Which Wanted To Become Even Bigger, Leads The ISP Pack In Consumer Complaints To The FCC
- Why Does The Press Have To Keep Fixing All Of Comcast's Screw Ups?
- The Weather Channel Finally Gets The Message: Announces Plan To Actually Cover...The Weather