by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 3rd 2009 6:26am
With so many stories out there of companies screwing over customers or making life difficult for users, it's always nice to hear a good story. Apparently, Netflix recently had a problem with their Xbox video streaming, and proactively refunded money to customers without them asking. I can't think of any other company I've heard of that's done that. Hell, I remember a past broadband provider who I would call (regularly) without outages, and the best they would do is say that after the service came back, I could call and then they would process a refund -- knowing that when that finally happened hours later, it wouldn't be worth the hassle to call back in and wait on hold.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- A Growing Chorus Is Trying To Rewrite The History Of Net Neutrality -- And Blame Absolutely Everything On Netflix
- Why Are Some People So Intent On Making Netflix More Like Traditional TV?
- Comcast Kept VIP List For Influential Customers In DC Suburbs, Still Insists Nobody Gets Special Treatment
- Despite Endless Improvement Promises, Comcast, Time Warner Cable Still Least Liked Companies -- In Any Industry
- Yet Another Horrible Comcast Customer Service Experience Goes Viral