by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 3rd 2009 6:26am
With so many stories out there of companies screwing over customers or making life difficult for users, it's always nice to hear a good story. Apparently, Netflix recently had a problem with their Xbox video streaming, and proactively refunded money to customers without them asking. I can't think of any other company I've heard of that's done that. Hell, I remember a past broadband provider who I would call (regularly) without outages, and the best they would do is say that after the service came back, I could call and then they would process a refund -- knowing that when that finally happened hours later, it wouldn't be worth the hassle to call back in and wait on hold.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Why Does It Still Take Press Attention For Comcast To Fix Obvious Screw Ups?
- Netflix CEO Wary That AT&T's Latest Merger Could Hurt Streaming Competitors
- Theater Association Boss Reminds Theater Owners, Netflix To Stay In Their Own Lanes
- Comcast Fancies Itself The Tesla Of Cable
- Comcast Incorrectly Bills Customer $1,775, Tells Him To Figure It Out With His Bank