by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 31st 2009 12:23pm
In-law jokes are a pretty standard staple of the standup comedy business. They can be pretty funny too... even if the concept is a bit dated. But, apparently, they're not so funny to the in-laws of comedian Sunda Croonquist. ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Croonquist's mother-in-law and sister-in-law are suing the comedian for cracking rather typical "in-law" jokes, which, apparently the in-laws didn't find to be all that funny. They're suing for defamation, even though you have to wonder if anyone actually takes such jokes seriously. I mean, it's a comedian. Of course the jokes are either made up or exaggerated for comedic effect. Still, probably makes for a frosty family gathering.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Is Merely Explaining The Streisand Effect To Someone A 'Threat'?
- ALEC Threatens To Sue Critics That Point Out It Helps Keep Broadband Uncompetitive
- Court Dismisses Prenda's Ridiculous Defamation Lawsuit Against Internet Critics & Guy Whose Signature It Forged
- 2 Hockey Players And Elisha Cuthbert Want Cash From A TV Station For Airing A Joke Tweet
- Shady Customer Complaint Site Charges $10,900 For Attempted Removals Of Negative Reviews