by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 31st 2009 12:23pm
In-law jokes are a pretty standard staple of the standup comedy business. They can be pretty funny too... even if the concept is a bit dated. But, apparently, they're not so funny to the in-laws of comedian Sunda Croonquist. ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Croonquist's mother-in-law and sister-in-law are suing the comedian for cracking rather typical "in-law" jokes, which, apparently the in-laws didn't find to be all that funny. They're suing for defamation, even though you have to wonder if anyone actually takes such jokes seriously. I mean, it's a comedian. Of course the jokes are either made up or exaggerated for comedic effect. Still, probably makes for a frosty family gathering.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- California News Publisher Files SLAPP Suit Against Competing Online Publisher
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A 'Reputation Management' Strategy Costs Firm $71,000
- Actor James Woods Now On The Receiving End Of Questionable Twitter Defamation Claim
- Bad Libel Law Strikes Again: Silly UK Twitter Spat Results In Six Figure Payout
- Digital Homicide's $10 Million Lawsuit Against Game Critic Gone