by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 31st 2009 12:23pm
In-law jokes are a pretty standard staple of the standup comedy business. They can be pretty funny too... even if the concept is a bit dated. But, apparently, they're not so funny to the in-laws of comedian Sunda Croonquist. ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Croonquist's mother-in-law and sister-in-law are suing the comedian for cracking rather typical "in-law" jokes, which, apparently the in-laws didn't find to be all that funny. They're suing for defamation, even though you have to wonder if anyone actually takes such jokes seriously. I mean, it's a comedian. Of course the jokes are either made up or exaggerated for comedic effect. Still, probably makes for a frosty family gathering.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Mother Jones Wins Ridiculous SLAPP Suit Filed By Billionaire... Who Still Claims Victory
- Business With Shady History Sues Former Employee For Calling It Shady
- Judge Tosses Defamation Case Of The Sleepy Yankees Fan
- Blaming Facebook For A User's Content Is The Least Crazy Thing About This Lawsuit
- Adam Miller Says He'll Reopen Bogus Copyright Lawsuit Against Critic, Declares 'War' On 'Communists' Who Mock Faith Healing