by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 31st 2009 12:23pm
In-law jokes are a pretty standard staple of the standup comedy business. They can be pretty funny too... even if the concept is a bit dated. But, apparently, they're not so funny to the in-laws of comedian Sunda Croonquist. ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Croonquist's mother-in-law and sister-in-law are suing the comedian for cracking rather typical "in-law" jokes, which, apparently the in-laws didn't find to be all that funny. They're suing for defamation, even though you have to wonder if anyone actually takes such jokes seriously. I mean, it's a comedian. Of course the jokes are either made up or exaggerated for comedic effect. Still, probably makes for a frosty family gathering.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedian Could Face 3 Years In German (Not Turkish!) Jail For Mocking Notoriously Thin-Skinned Turkish President
- Game Studio's Plan To Deal With Critic Of Games: Sue Him To Hell
- The Latest In Reputation Management: Bogus Defamation Suits From Bogus Companies Against Bogus Defendants
- Donald Trump Thinks Hulk Hogan/Gawker Jury Award Is Good For His Plans To 'Open Up' Libel Laws
- Author Sues Half The Internet For Defamation, Copyright Infringement, Cyberbullying, Use Of Section 230