by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 28th 2009 7:40pm
We've seen a bunch of studies like this in the past, but people keep submitting this, so figured we'd do a quick post on it. Yet another study has shown that people who are more active in unauthorized file sharing, also tend to spend more on authorized entertainment purchases. Now, to be fair, the study was paid for by a file sharing provider -- so, take it with a rather large grain of salt. But similar studies have been done in the past as well, and it seems to once again call into question the rallying cry in Hollywood that people just want stuff for free.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Macedonia Copyright Collection Group Forces All Macedonian Music Off Of All Macedonian Broadcasts
- How Pirates Shaped The Internet As We Know It
- Another Day, Another Problem With Facebook's Random Decisions To Block Content
- Thanks, Google, For Fucking Over A Bunch Of Media Websites
- John Oliver's Story On Campaign Music And Copyright Is... Wrong