by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 20th 2009 11:22am
ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Sony has applied for a patent on an emotion detection device that could, for example, recognize when someone viewing a television or playing a video game is laughing. I don't have much of an opinion one way or another on the actual patent application, but (like others on the original article about this) did find the patent drawing to be rather amusing:
Of course, if you laugh at that, and your computer detects it, you may be infringing. So... be careful.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 119: Does Pharma Really Need Patents?
- For World 'Intellectual Property' Day, A Reading From Thomas Macaulay
- EFF Goes To Court To Stop Australian Patent Troll From Stifling Free Speech
- Sony, Microsoft Lobby Against Right To Repair Bills (Yet Refuse To Talk About It)
- Court Points Out Numerous Ways Using Playstation Network To Trade Child Porn Is A Bad Idea