by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 20th 2009 11:22am
ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Sony has applied for a patent on an emotion detection device that could, for example, recognize when someone viewing a television or playing a video game is laughing. I don't have much of an opinion one way or another on the actual patent application, but (like others on the original article about this) did find the patent drawing to be rather amusing:
Of course, if you laugh at that, and your computer detects it, you may be infringing. So... be careful.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chris Dodd Implies US Gov't Should Go After Wikileaks For Publishing Leaked Sony Emails
- Once Again, John Oliver Covers A Techdirt Topic: This Time, It's Patent Trolls
- As Sony Continues Threatening Reporters, NY Times Reporter Wins Pulitzer For Reporting On Sony's Emails
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 21: How The Patent System Can Be Fixed
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 20: How The Patent System Is Broken