by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 20th 2009 11:22am
ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Sony has applied for a patent on an emotion detection device that could, for example, recognize when someone viewing a television or playing a video game is laughing. I don't have much of an opinion one way or another on the actual patent application, but (like others on the original article about this) did find the patent drawing to be rather amusing:
Of course, if you laugh at that, and your computer detects it, you may be infringing. So... be careful.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Software Copyright Litigation After Oracle v. Google
- Tanzanian Farmers Face 12 Years In Prison For Selling Seeds As They've Done For Generations
- Aussie Productivity Commission Doubles Down On Fair Use And Serious Copyright & Patent Reform
- Bug Related To HDCP DRM Is Giving New Playstation PS4 Pro Owners Headaches
- Sony Wants To Patent A System For Scoring Journalists' 'Veracity'