by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 20th 2009 11:22am
ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Sony has applied for a patent on an emotion detection device that could, for example, recognize when someone viewing a television or playing a video game is laughing. I don't have much of an opinion one way or another on the actual patent application, but (like others on the original article about this) did find the patent drawing to be rather amusing:
Of course, if you laugh at that, and your computer detects it, you may be infringing. So... be careful.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- General Mills Granted A Design Patent On A Tortilla Bowl Because Why Even Pretend Anymore?
- Sony Settlement Gives PS3 Owners $9 After Company Made Console Less Useful Via Firmware Update
- Fake Satoshi Nakamoto Trying To Patent All Sorts Of Bitcoin Related Ideas
- Supreme Court Says, Yes, The Patent Office Can Review Crappy Patents Using Broad Standards
- Sony Finally Releases PS4 Remote Play For PC App That Isn't As Good As A Modder's App Is