by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 20th 2009 11:22am
ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Sony has applied for a patent on an emotion detection device that could, for example, recognize when someone viewing a television or playing a video game is laughing. I don't have much of an opinion one way or another on the actual patent application, but (like others on the original article about this) did find the patent drawing to be rather amusing:
Of course, if you laugh at that, and your computer detects it, you may be infringing. So... be careful.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sony Apparently Issuing Takedowns To Facebook For News Articles About PS4 Slim Leak
- Government Accountability Office Study Confirms: Patent Office Encouraged Examiners To Approve Crappy Patents
- Good To See: Blockstream Promises Not To Abuse Patents
- Stupid Patent of the Month: Solocron Education Trolls With Password Patent
- Irony: Sony Pictures Sued For Failing To Stop Piracy