by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 20th 2009 11:22am
ChurchHatesTucker alerts us to the news that Sony has applied for a patent on an emotion detection device that could, for example, recognize when someone viewing a television or playing a video game is laughing. I don't have much of an opinion one way or another on the actual patent application, but (like others on the original article about this) did find the patent drawing to be rather amusing:
Of course, if you laugh at that, and your computer detects it, you may be infringing. So... be careful.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Supreme Court Sides With Patent Trolls
- Monsanto And Syngenta About To Receive Dozens Of Patents On Unpatentable Plants
- Sony Uses Copyright To Force Verge To Takedown Its Copy Of Sony's Spotify Contract
- Patent Troll's Frivolous Attack On Startup Forces Startup To Sell Out To Another Patent Troll
- Chris Dodd Implies US Gov't Should Go After Wikileaks For Publishing Leaked Sony Emails