by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 24th 2009 2:09pm
Well this is odd. Twitter was one of the many tools that President Obama used to help build up a strong base of supporters, and the White House has its own Twitter feed that is quite popular. Yet, reader Ben points out that White House spokesman Robert Gibbs has now admitted that Twitter is blocked from White House computers. Wonder who's updating the official feed, then... Apparently this isn't actually a new thing. A couple months ago, it came up in another press conference, and it came out that only a small number of "new media" folks are allowed to have access to Twitter from the White House. Someone ought to let the White House IT staff know that it's easy to update Twitter via SMS from your phone... Either way, makes you wonder if only the media communications people in the White House are allowed to use telephones, too.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Whether Or Not You Believe Russia Interfered In The Election, We Should All Be Worried About Escalation Based On Secret Info
- White House Kicks Russian Diplomats Out Of The Country, Releases Preliminary Report On Russian Hacking With More To Come
- Obama Administration Looking To Expand Definition Of 'Critical Infrastructure' To Hit Back At Russians
- WhatsApp And Its End-to-end Encryption Get Love From An Unusual Quarter: International Diplomats
- What The Election Means For Stuff Techdirt Cares About?