by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 24th 2009 2:09pm
Well this is odd. Twitter was one of the many tools that President Obama used to help build up a strong base of supporters, and the White House has its own Twitter feed that is quite popular. Yet, reader Ben points out that White House spokesman Robert Gibbs has now admitted that Twitter is blocked from White House computers. Wonder who's updating the official feed, then... Apparently this isn't actually a new thing. A couple months ago, it came up in another press conference, and it came out that only a small number of "new media" folks are allowed to have access to Twitter from the White House. Someone ought to let the White House IT staff know that it's easy to update Twitter via SMS from your phone... Either way, makes you wonder if only the media communications people in the White House are allowed to use telephones, too.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- White House Takes The Cowardly Option: Refuses To Say No To Encryption Backdoors, Will Quietly Ask Companies
- Having Lost The Debate On Backdooring Encryption, Intelligence Community Plans To Wait Until Next Terrorist Attack
- White House Realizes Mandating Backdoors To Encryption Isn't Going To Happen
- The Crazy Permission-Asking Media Scrum That Descends When Photographic News Happens On Twitter
- James Woods Sues Random Trollish Twitter User For $10 Million Over Clearly Hyperbolic Tweet