by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 16th 2009 3:38am
A bunch of folks have been sending in this story that EA has said that, while it won't have DRM, on Command and Conquer 4, it will require an internet connection to play, and this already has people up in arms. The company is quick to say that this is so it can include certain useful features, but it still is upsetting people. It's hard to believe that EA wouldn't realize this would be an issue. Why not offer an "offline" version with limited features then? While, yes, we have reached an online world where most people are online most of the time, not everyone is online all of the time, and some of that offline time is time when people might like playing a video game...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- That Didn't Take Long: MLB Plans Action Against Fallout 4 David Ortiz Mod
- Rockstar Whips Out The Ban-Hammer On GTAV Players Over Mod
- Child Development Expert: Playable Female Characters In Call Of Duty Will Harm Girls Just As It Has A Generation Of Boys
- Appeals Court Doesn't Think Putting Historical Figures In Video Games Is Free Speech
- EA: Complaints About On-Disc DLC Are 'Nonsense'