by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 16th 2009 3:38am
A bunch of folks have been sending in this story that EA has said that, while it won't have DRM, on Command and Conquer 4, it will require an internet connection to play, and this already has people up in arms. The company is quick to say that this is so it can include certain useful features, but it still is upsetting people. It's hard to believe that EA wouldn't realize this would be an issue. Why not offer an "offline" version with limited features then? While, yes, we have reached an online world where most people are online most of the time, not everyone is online all of the time, and some of that offline time is time when people might like playing a video game...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Playing Super Mario By Rote... Is Fun?
- Took Longer Than I Expected: Bill O'Reilly Yanks Video Games Into Charleston Massacre For No Reason At All
- Arkham Knight PC Game Arrives Just In Time To Demonstrate Why Steam Needed Refunds
- EA/Origin/Something Locks Benchmarkers Out Of Battlefield Hardline After Too Many GPU Swaps
- Free Speech Champions File Amicus Brief In Hopes Of Getting Terrible 'Publicity Rights' Decision Re-Examined