by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 16th 2009 7:10am
Didn't expect this one. With France pushing forward yet again with a three strikes law, Laurent GUERBY points us to the news that France's new culture minister, Fredic Mitterand has said that he wished he was downloaded more often (translated by Google from French -- Updated to fix poor original translation -- thanks Laurent!) and that he got two internet connections, just in case he got cut off by a three strikes law. He also admits that his son downloads unauthorized content often. That's probably not what the entertainment industry wanted to hear.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ridiculous Ruling In Ireland Requires ISP To Kick Those Accused (Not Convicted) Of File Sharing Off The Internet
- Beyond Freedom Of Information Requests: Freedom Of Code Requests
- France Says Corporate Sovereignty Must Come Out Of CETA, Or Be Replaced By Something Completely Different
- Uber Having A Tough Week Overseas: France And South Korea Crack Down
- French Government Starts Blocking Websites With Views The Gov't Doesn't Like