by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Supreme Court Won't Hear Oracle v. Google Case, Leaving APIs Copyrightable And Innovation At Risk
- Guy Writes New James Bond Book... Only Available Where Bond Is In The Public Domain
- SiriusXM Finally Wins A Case Over Pre-1972 Music... And Promptly Settles Such Cases With RIAA
- No, RIAA, It's Not The End Of The World For Musicians
- Apple Trying To Kill Off Spotify's Free Tier; DOJ Now Investigating For Antitrust