by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Celebrate Fair Use Week With A New T-Shirt From Techdirt
- Former RIAA Executive Attacks Fair Use
- European News Publishers Still Believe They Have The Right To Make Google Pay For Sending Traffic Their Way
- Ding Dong: Silly Six Strikes Copyright Infringement Scheme Is Dead
- RIAA Still Pushing Its Bogus Message Of A 'Value Gap' And 'Fair Compensation'