by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bogus Security Company Can't Take Criticism, Issues Bogus DMCA Takedowns, Creates Sockpuppet Accounts
- The GTA 5 Wildlife Documentary Is Why Rockstar Was Smart To Embrace Fan Films
- More Experts Realizing That The TPP Is A Horrible And Dangerous Deal On Copyright
- RIAA Asks BitTorrent Inc. To Block Infringing Content With A Hash Filter
- Top RIAA Exec: There's No More Music In Africa And The Middle East Because They Need Stronger Copyright