by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- US Is Officially Out Of The TPP, Though Not For Any Of The (Many) Good Reasons
- CBS & Paramount Finally Settle With Fan Film Axanar
- Ark: Survival Mod That Replaces Dinos With Pokemon DMCA'd, Possibly By Another Rival Modding Group
- RIAA Still Pushing Its Bogus Message Of A 'Value Gap' And 'Fair Compensation'
- Legacy Recording Industry To Trump: Please Tell Tech Companies To Nerd Harder To Censor The Internet