by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sony Uses Copyright To Force Verge To Takedown Its Copy Of Sony's Spotify Contract
- Godzilla Sues The Godzilla Of Copyright Trolls, Voltage Pictures, For Copyright Infringement
- Faith Healer Adam Miller Drops His Lawsuit (For Now) After Being Widely Mocked Online
- No, RIAA, It's Not The End Of The World For Musicians
- Apple Trying To Kill Off Spotify's Free Tier; DOJ Now Investigating For Antitrust