by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How The US Government Legally Stole Millions From Kim Dotcom
- Copyright Bots Kill App Over 'Potentially Infringing' Images, Follow This Up By Blocking App For Use Of CC/Public Domain Images
- Bad Copyright Laws Scaring Off Necessary Investment In New Digital Platforms
- Mississippi Attorney General Dares Reporters To Find Any Evidence Of Hollywood Funding... So We Did
- Sirius XM Hit Again Over Pre-1972 Recordings