by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jun 15th 2009 9:15pm
Andy Kessler's latest opinion piece is in Forbes, where he basically makes the point many of us have been making for years: piracy happens; so get over it, focus on new business models and stop thinking lawsuits will save you. There isn't necessarily much new in the article for folks around here, but it is nice to see more of these sorts of articles hitting the mainstream press, where maybe the message will start to sink in: copyright infringement is a business model problem not a legal problem. Once you realize that, your whole perspective changes.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Movie Theater Security Guards Assault Women, Claim They Were Pirating Movie
- Yet Another Report Says More Innovation, Rather Than More Enforcement, Reduces Piracy
- How Pirates Shaped The Internet As We Know It
- India Criminalizes Merely Visiting A Copyright Infringing 'Blocked' Site
- Lots Of Newspapers Discovering That Paywalls Don't Work