by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jun 15th 2009 9:15pm
Andy Kessler's latest opinion piece is in Forbes, where he basically makes the point many of us have been making for years: piracy happens; so get over it, focus on new business models and stop thinking lawsuits will save you. There isn't necessarily much new in the article for folks around here, but it is nice to see more of these sorts of articles hitting the mainstream press, where maybe the message will start to sink in: copyright infringement is a business model problem not a legal problem. Once you realize that, your whole perspective changes.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- eBook Pirates Tend To Be Older And Well Off, Which Means They Pirate Because Of Human Intuition On Economics
- Film Distributor Creates Torrent Site Clone That Gives Away Movie Tickets To Combat Piracy
- Aussie Film Distributor That Pledged To End Movie Release Delays To Combat Piracy Delays Movies Anyway
- Ed Sheeran: Piracy Is What Made Me
- Cogent Accidentally Blocks Websites In Global Ham-Fisted Piracy Filtering Effort