by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jun 15th 2009 9:15pm
Andy Kessler's latest opinion piece is in Forbes, where he basically makes the point many of us have been making for years: piracy happens; so get over it, focus on new business models and stop thinking lawsuits will save you. There isn't necessarily much new in the article for folks around here, but it is nice to see more of these sorts of articles hitting the mainstream press, where maybe the message will start to sink in: copyright infringement is a business model problem not a legal problem. Once you realize that, your whole perspective changes.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- You Can Now Turn Off Ads On Techdirt
- IP Enforcement Czar Wants To Hear From You About Government's IP Enforcement Plan
- The MPAA Will Let Amazon Touch Its Stuff, But Only If It Agrees To A Ton Of Stipulations
- World Is Catching On That Creativity And Creative Jobs Have Been Growing, Not Disappearing, Post-Napster
- Hollywood Keeps Breaking Box Office Records... While Still Insisting That The Internet Is Killing Movies