Thu, Jun 4th 2009 4:09am
A North Carolina man has been arrested after allegedly arranging for his wife to be raped via Craigslist, a story that's sure to give more ammo to the "blame Craigslist" crowd. What's clear from the details is that, if the reported details of the crime are true, this guy is pretty evil: apparently he posted a couple of ads on the site "in an effort to arrange for someone to come to his home and have sex with his wife using some type of scare tactic." When police responded to a 911 call saying an armed man was sexually assaulting a woman in the house, the guy was present. While Craigslist gets the mention in the headline -- and will likely catch flak for it -- it's hard to believe that a person capable of such an act did it just because Craigslist was available. What doesn't get too much mention, though, is the usefulness of the Craigslist ads (again) have in investigating and prosecuting the guy.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Unbelievably True Story Of How Craigslist Murdered Over 100 People
- Mother Blames Daughter's Suicide On WiFi Allergy
- Appeals Court Issues Fantastic 1st Amendment Ruling Against Censorious Sheriff Thomas Dart In His Crusade Against The Internet
- CEO Of Mobile Company Blames Everyone For Wanting Coffee Rather Than His Game
- No Craig Newmark Did Not Donate To EFF; He Helped Make CFAA Worse Instead