by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 2nd 2009 12:31pm
There certainly have been plenty of stories of incredibly dumb criminals bragging about their crimes on social networking sites -- only to realize too late that the police use such sites too. The latest is a bank robber who bragged about the robbery on Myspace, saying "On tha run for robbin a bank Love all of yall." Of course, the police didn't happen to notice this until they were tipped off by someone who recognized the guy in a television report that flashed a photo of the suspect. However, it makes it a bit harder to defend when the guy effectively confessed on MySpace.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Court Shuts Down Argument That Warrantless Seizures Of Cell Phones Is Fine Because Criminals Use Cell Phones
- NYPD Says Releasing Basic Stingray Contract Info Will Result In A Supercriminal Apocalypse
- Canadian City Wants To Solve Crime Problem By Using Tracking Technology That Doesn't Exist
- BlackBerry -- Which Said It Wouldn't Protect Criminals -- Assures Criminals Its Phones Are Still Secure
- Dumb Criminal Agrees To Take SnapChat Selfie With Robbery Victim, Is Caught Quickly