by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 2nd 2009 12:31pm
There certainly have been plenty of stories of incredibly dumb criminals bragging about their crimes on social networking sites -- only to realize too late that the police use such sites too. The latest is a bank robber who bragged about the robbery on Myspace, saying "On tha run for robbin a bank Love all of yall." Of course, the police didn't happen to notice this until they were tipped off by someone who recognized the guy in a television report that flashed a photo of the suspect. However, it makes it a bit harder to defend when the guy effectively confessed on MySpace.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hubris Defined: Dumb Murderer Takes A Selfie With His Dead Victim
- Dumb Criminal Proves Again That Open WiFi Doesn't Mean Everyone Gets Away With Everything
- Idiot Phone Thief Uploads His Selfies, Plural, To His Victim's iCloud Account
- Brazen Young Facebook Pimpette Nabbed By Police After She Bragged About Her Crimes On Facebook
- The FBI's Criminal Database Is Filling Up With Non-Criminals And No One In Law Enforcement Seems To Care