by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Fanboy Fight: How One Apple/Android Argument Ended In A Stabbing
- Valve Announces It's Handing Its Banning-Keys Over To Game Developers
- Latest Pointless Moral Panic: Minecraft Is Ruining Our Children
- Microsoft Advertises The Witcher 3 On Xbox With Footage From The PC Version; Fans Not Fooled
- How The DMCA And Anti-Piracy Measures Conspire To Keep Video Games In Their Cultural Place