by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Journalists Blaming Facebook For Decline Is Just As Tiresome As When They Blamed Craigslist & Google
- Austrian Teenager Sues Parents For Posting Pictures From Her Childhood To Facebook
- Remember When Cracking Groups Said Denuvo Would End Game Piracy? Yeah, Didn't Happen
- Nintendo Shuts Down Fan Remake Of 25 Year Old Metroid 2 Game Because It Can't Help Itself
- Riot Games Joins Blizzard In Misusing Copyright To Go After Video Game Cheaters