by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Prevent Strategy For Identifying Potential Terrorists Identifies 3 Year Old Because Of Course It Did
- Yeah, Russia Probably Forged A Weapons Cache Supposedly From The US Using A Video Game To Model The Weapons
- DailyDirt: Playing Super Mario By Rote... Is Fun?
- Took Longer Than I Expected: Bill O'Reilly Yanks Video Games Into Charleston Massacre For No Reason At All
- Arkham Knight PC Game Arrives Just In Time To Demonstrate Why Steam Needed Refunds