by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Crime Agency's Latest Moral Panic: Kids Modding Videogames May Be A Gateway To Becoming Criminal Hackers
- Denuvo Strikes Back: The DRM Has Been Patched And Is Working... For Now
- eSports Gets An Introduction To Major College Sports At The University Of Utah
- German Court Rules Parents Must Out Their Family Members For Copyright Trolls Or Pay Fines Themselves
- Studies: New Source For Therapy For PTSD And Addiction Is Mind-Rotting Video Games