by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- American Academy Of Pediatrics Claims Broad Consensus On Violent Media Effect That Doesn't Remotely Exist
- Netflix Tries To Blame Press Coverage Of Its Price Hikes For Lower Than Expected Subscriber Additions
- Google Issues Its Latest 'Stop Blaming Us For Piracy' Report
- Facebook Sued Again For 'Material Support' Of Terrorism, Because Hamas Uses Facebook
- Sony Locks Up The PSN Account Of A Man Named 'Jihad' Because You'll Never Guess Why