by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Wil Wheaton Effect Is Why Video Game Makers Should Embrace Let's Play Videos
- UK Police Deny Misspelling Led To Investigation, Say It Was Other Schoolwork Instead
- The Unbelievably True Story Of How Craigslist Murdered Over 100 People
- Game Cracking Group Predicts The End Of Cracking Because Of Better DRM
- French Consumer Group Tries To Win Back Resale Rights For Digitally Distributed Games