by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 28th 2009 8:44am
It seems that whenever there's any kind of violence involving kids, someone rushes to blame video games. Steve L points us to the latest such case, where it's taken to something of an extreme. Apparently a 2-year-old boy stabbed his 5-month-old brother with a knife. It sounds like he didn't do much damage, but police immediately claimed that violent video games owned by a much older teenaged brother "may have played a role." The only problem? The 2-year-old neither plays the games nor watches his older brother playing them. But, why not blame the video games?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ex-Game Maker Atari To Argue To The US PTO That Only It Can Make 'Haunted House' Games
- The Broadband Industry Is Now Officially Blaming Google (Alphabet) For...Everything
- The Ultimate In CwF: How Lovers Of Stardew Valley Fought Piracy By Buying The Game For Pirates
- All Those Evil Violent Video Games Apparently Failed At Turning Kids Into Deviant Murder-Terrorists
- Sony Finally Releases PS4 Remote Play For PC App That Isn't As Good As A Modder's App Is