by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 20th 2009 2:11pm
After writing about how NebuAd had shut down, a commenter pointed out this wasn't quite true. Instead, it appears the company has just re-appeared under a different name in the UK... where officials have ruled that clickstream tracking behavioral advertising can be legal (though that's gotten the UK into trouble with the EU). Apparently, NebuAd had opened a UK office, and with the shutdown of US operations, the UK office re-branded as Insight Ready Ltd., but it appears to be the same basic company, including same employees. And the Insight Ready domain name was registered by NebuAd....
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Crime Agency's Latest Moral Panic: Kids Modding Videogames May Be A Gateway To Becoming Criminal Hackers
- Time Is Running Out! Get Your Necessary Hashtags Gear This Weekend
- Whistleblower Says UK Police Worked With Hackers To Access Activists' Email Accounts
- Phorm Still Looking For A Large-Scale Deployment, Still Finding Investors
- Ding Dong, NebuAd Is Dead