by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 20th 2009 2:11pm
After writing about how NebuAd had shut down, a commenter pointed out this wasn't quite true. Instead, it appears the company has just re-appeared under a different name in the UK... where officials have ruled that clickstream tracking behavioral advertising can be legal (though that's gotten the UK into trouble with the EU). Apparently, NebuAd had opened a UK office, and with the shutdown of US operations, the UK office re-branded as Insight Ready Ltd., but it appears to be the same basic company, including same employees. And the Insight Ready domain name was registered by NebuAd....
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Schools Experiment With Police-Style Body Cameras To Tackle 'Low-level Background Disorder'
- After Passing Worst Surveillance Law In A Democracy, UK Now Proposes Worst Anti-Whistleblowing Law
- First Look At UK Piracy Alert System: Mostly Benign, Except ISPs Are Requesting Filesharing Software Be Removed By Clients
- Phorm Still Looking For A Large-Scale Deployment, Still Finding Investors
- Ding Dong, NebuAd Is Dead