by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 20th 2009 4:19am
the pirate bay
As Swedish officials are looking into charges that the judge in The Pirate Bay trial was biased, there's now some concern that the person in charge of figuring out whether he was biased... might be biased as well. Apparently, he serves on a board with the main lawyers who argued the case for the entertainment industry (and two of their main assistants). Of course, in legal circles you do end up getting to know others in the field, but as brokep from The Pirate Bay notes: "Not any of OUR lawyers are on that board. But two of the opponents lawyers in the same board." Considering that officials should be trying to make it clear that there's no bias, it seems like they should pick someone who has no direct ties to the attorneys involved in the case. Brokep also has some fun in noting that it was simple to find this info on Google, and he's surprised that no one else had done such a simple search yet.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Rosie O'Donnell's Ex Accuses Her Of Copyright Infringement... For Posting Photos Of Their Daughter To Instagram
- Suicide Girls Reappropriate Art That Appropriation Artist Richard Prince Appropriated -- At A 99.9% Discount
- Richard Prince Continues To Push The Boundaries Of Copyright Law In Selling Other People's Instagram Selfies
- Entertainment Industry Demands Swedish ISP Block The Pirate Bay; ISP Says No
- Senator Whitehouse Is Very Angry About A Made Up Google Search And A Made Up Pirate Bay