by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 8th 2009 1:18am
Reader Fletch writes in to let us know that the band Iron Maiden is suing the creators of a comic book called Iron and the Maiden for trademark infringement. The creators of the comic book claim the name is a reference to the old torture device, not the band (and perhaps the band owes some royalties to the torture device as well...). Still, it will probably come down to a question of whether or not comic book buyers would likely be confused -- and seeing as the logos of the band and the comic book appear to be entirely different... it's not clear who would be confused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Blu Cigarettes Sues Blu Ale House Over Blu Logo
- Let's Do Business: How Lifting The Embargo Has Opened The Door For Cuban Trademark Suits
- IOC Forces School To Remove Rings From Crest For Some Reason
- BART, The Train Service, Goes After Brewery Over BART, The Beer
- Bell's Brewery Goes After Craft Brewer Over Trademark It Barely Uses & Hasn't Registered