by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 8th 2009 1:18am
Reader Fletch writes in to let us know that the band Iron Maiden is suing the creators of a comic book called Iron and the Maiden for trademark infringement. The creators of the comic book claim the name is a reference to the old torture device, not the band (and perhaps the band owes some royalties to the torture device as well...). Still, it will probably come down to a question of whether or not comic book buyers would likely be confused -- and seeing as the logos of the band and the comic book appear to be entirely different... it's not clear who would be confused.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- CafePress Takes Down T-Shirt Calling Donald Trump A Cheeto-Faced Shitgibbon, Saying It Violates Frito-Lay's Trademark
- Super Slimey: Comodo Tries To Trademark 'Let's Encrypt' [Updated]
- Dweezil Zappa Renames His Tour Again: Dweezil Zappa Plays Whatever The F@%k He Wants; The Cease & Desist Tour
- Good News: California Legislature Dumps Stupid Plan To Copyright All Government Works
- Texas Trademark Spat Full Of Crap?