by Mike Masnick
Wed, Apr 29th 2009 10:58am
the pirate bay
We've already seen that plenty of content creators use The Pirate Bay for legitimate distribution and promotion purposes, and now Dan writes in to alert us that a best-selling author in Sweden, Unni Drougge, is so annoyed by The Pirate Bay verdict, that she made an audiobook version of her best-selling recent novel and put up a torrent via The Pirate Bay, along with a "manifesto" in support of free file sharing. Apparently, this is getting her plenty of attention, as her book has jumped to the top of the audiobooks list (what were people saying, that the top downloaded lists never include authorized content?).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Cogent Accidentally Blocks Websites In Global Ham-Fisted Piracy Filtering Effort
- Those Terrible Takedowns Aren't Mistakes, They're Intentional Fakes
- Another Day, Another Anomaly: Paramount Issues DMCA Takedown On Ubuntu Linux Torrent
- RIAA Demands Takedown Of ThePirateBay.org, But EasyDNS Refuses Over Lack Of Due Process
- German Publishers Whine Because They Must Pay To Authors Misappropriated Copyright Levies