by Mike Masnick
Wed, Apr 29th 2009 10:58am
the pirate bay
We've already seen that plenty of content creators use The Pirate Bay for legitimate distribution and promotion purposes, and now Dan writes in to alert us that a best-selling author in Sweden, Unni Drougge, is so annoyed by The Pirate Bay verdict, that she made an audiobook version of her best-selling recent novel and put up a torrent via The Pirate Bay, along with a "manifesto" in support of free file sharing. Apparently, this is getting her plenty of attention, as her book has jumped to the top of the audiobooks list (what were people saying, that the top downloaded lists never include authorized content?).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Authors Guilded, United, And Representing... Not Authors
- Australian Police Raid Bookseller Over Copies Of A Book First Published 24 Years Ago
- Topsite Operator, Who Admitted To Operating Servers With Tons Of Pirated Movies, Gets Off With Just Probation
- Authors Guild Cements Reputation As Luddites: Hates The Internet And Especially Amazon
- Entertainment Industry Demands Swedish ISP Block The Pirate Bay; ISP Says No