by Mike Masnick
Wed, Apr 22nd 2009 2:40pm
It really was just three years ago when we were saying we couldn't wait for the MySpace generation to run for office, knowing that the skeletons in their closets wouldn't actually be in their closets at all, but would have been posted online for all to see. While we actually expected that it would lead to a point where people pretty much brushed off and ignored such "youthful indiscretions," we certainly have't reached that point yet. A guy running for office in British Columbia, Canada, has dropped out of the election after images of him groping a woman's breast (that first appeared on his Facebook page) came to light. It's not clear when the photos in question were taken, but expect to see political candidates and their online presence scrutinized in more and more detail in future elections...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Everyone's A Bad Guy: German Regulator Orders Facebook To Drop Its Stupid 'Real Name' Policy
- Canada Opens Incumbent Fiber Networks To Competition, Cue The Hysteria
- India's New Net Neutrality Guidelines Suggest Facebook's Internet.org Is Just Glorified Collusion
- Your Tax Dollars At Work: 1,000-Page Funding Bill Dropped On Senate Floor One Hour Before Vote
- TPP Likely To Force Canada To Repeal Local Data Protection Laws