by Mike Masnick
Wed, Apr 22nd 2009 2:40pm
It really was just three years ago when we were saying we couldn't wait for the MySpace generation to run for office, knowing that the skeletons in their closets wouldn't actually be in their closets at all, but would have been posted online for all to see. While we actually expected that it would lead to a point where people pretty much brushed off and ignored such "youthful indiscretions," we certainly have't reached that point yet. A guy running for office in British Columbia, Canada, has dropped out of the election after images of him groping a woman's breast (that first appeared on his Facebook page) came to light. It's not clear when the photos in question were taken, but expect to see political candidates and their online presence scrutinized in more and more detail in future elections...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- India Bans Zero Rating As The U.S. Pays The Price For Embracing It
- Moosehead Vs. Mus Knuckle: The Most Canadian Trademark Spat Ever
- India Set To Ban Zero Rating As Facebook's Misleading Lobbying Falls Flat
- Hillary Clinton Flip Flopped On TPP Before, So Big Business Lobbyists Are Confident She'll Really Flip Back After Election
- Canada Temporarily Drops Out Of Five Eyes Spying Coalition, After Realizing It Wasn't Properly Protecting Information