by Mike Masnick
Mon, Apr 13th 2009 3:59pm
center for responsive politics
OpenSecrets.org, the website of Center for Responsive Politics has just put over 200 million documents online -- basically the groups' entire archives. Specifically, the data includes info about fundraising, lobbying, personal finance of politicians and information about "advocacy groups" known as 527 organizations. It looks like a treasure trove of information that plenty of politicians and lobbyists probably wish remained hidden behind closed doors.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- As Sony Continues Threatening Reporters, NY Times Reporter Wins Pulitzer For Reporting On Sony's Emails
- Should People Be Told Key Results Of Genetic Tests They Never Took?
- DailyDirt: What Are We Going To Do With All This Genetic Information?
- Australian Politicians Create An Exemption From Data Retention Laws For Themselves... Or Not, Because We Got Fooled
- Dear Politicians: Responding To The Clinton Email Scandal By Proudly Affirming You've Never Used Email Isn't Helping