by Mike Masnick
Mon, Apr 13th 2009 3:59pm
center for responsive politics
OpenSecrets.org, the website of Center for Responsive Politics has just put over 200 million documents online -- basically the groups' entire archives. Specifically, the data includes info about fundraising, lobbying, personal finance of politicians and information about "advocacy groups" known as 527 organizations. It looks like a treasure trove of information that plenty of politicians and lobbyists probably wish remained hidden behind closed doors.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FBI Director: We Need More Data On Police Shootings So Law Enforcement Can 'Change The Narrative'
- Cable Lobbyists Stop Using The Word Cable In Hopes You'll Think Industry Has Evolved
- Senator John McCain Uses Cybersecurity Hearing To Try To Shame Twitter For Not Selling Data To The CIA
- DOJ Finally Going To Force Law Enforcement Agencies To Hand Over Info On People Killed By Police Officers
- Medical Researchers Want Up To Five Years Exclusivity For Clinical Trial Data Derived From Volunteers