by Mike Masnick
Mon, Apr 13th 2009 3:59pm
center for responsive politics
OpenSecrets.org, the website of Center for Responsive Politics has just put over 200 million documents online -- basically the groups' entire archives. Specifically, the data includes info about fundraising, lobbying, personal finance of politicians and information about "advocacy groups" known as 527 organizations. It looks like a treasure trove of information that plenty of politicians and lobbyists probably wish remained hidden behind closed doors.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Keeping Information For A Really, Really, Really Long Time
- Cars Are Delivering Tons Of Driving Data To Manufacturers With Minimal Security And Even Less Transparency
- Yet Another Report Showing 'Anonymous' Data Not At All Anonymous
- German Data Protection Commissioners Take Action Against EU Data Transfers To US Under 'Safe Harbor' Program
- Comcast Lobbyists Give Lawmakers Golden Tickets: Secret Phone Numbers To Reach Good Customer Service