by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 3rd 2009 3:23pm
We were surprised and disappointed when Amazon gave in to the Authors Guild's baseless claim that the TTS somehow violated its copyrights. It looks like a lot of others are disappointed as well. A group is now organizing a protest against the Authors Guild for trying to determine whether or not Amazon was allowed to innovate. As the EFF notes, "The publishing industry shouldn't have veto power over new technology." If you're in New York City, you should look into the details of the protest on Tuesday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Amazon Looking To Expand Prime Into Live-Streamed Major Sports
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- More Thoughts On Trump's Technology And Innovation Policies -- It All Goes Back To Freedom Of Speech
- IMDb Sues The State Of California Over New 'Ageism' Law
- China's Manufacturers Now Producing Copies Before Original Products Are Even Launched