by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 3rd 2009 3:23pm
We were surprised and disappointed when Amazon gave in to the Authors Guild's baseless claim that the TTS somehow violated its copyrights. It looks like a lot of others are disappointed as well. A group is now organizing a protest against the Authors Guild for trying to determine whether or not Amazon was allowed to innovate. As the EFF notes, "The publishing industry shouldn't have veto power over new technology." If you're in New York City, you should look into the details of the protest on Tuesday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 20 Years Ago Today: The Most Important Law On The Internet Was Signed, Almost By Accident
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 59: Does The Internet Create More 'Winner Take All' Companies?
- The Cable Industry Is Absolutely Terrified Of Set Top Box Competition
- And Of Course: Authors Guild Asks Supreme Court To Overturn Fair Use Ruling On Google Books
- What Net Neutrality? T-Mobile Abusing Its 'Binge-On' Effort To Throttle Non-Partner Video