by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 3rd 2009 3:23pm
We were surprised and disappointed when Amazon gave in to the Authors Guild's baseless claim that the TTS somehow violated its copyrights. It looks like a lot of others are disappointed as well. A group is now organizing a protest against the Authors Guild for trying to determine whether or not Amazon was allowed to innovate. As the EFF notes, "The publishing industry shouldn't have veto power over new technology." If you're in New York City, you should look into the details of the protest on Tuesday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How Section 1201 Of The Copyright Statute Threatens Innovation
- Help Copia Draft A Statement Of Innovation Principles
- France Gives In To Insanity And Rioting Taxi Drivers: Cracks Down On Uber
- A Gronking To Remember Lawsuit Gets Strange While Amazon Argues Liability Would Chill Speech And Art
- Amazon Finally Joins The Transparency Party: Notes That It Did Not Join PRISM