by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 3rd 2009 3:23pm
We were surprised and disappointed when Amazon gave in to the Authors Guild's baseless claim that the TTS somehow violated its copyrights. It looks like a lot of others are disappointed as well. A group is now organizing a protest against the Authors Guild for trying to determine whether or not Amazon was allowed to innovate. As the EFF notes, "The publishing industry shouldn't have veto power over new technology." If you're in New York City, you should look into the details of the protest on Tuesday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Amazon, Cable Industry Molest The Definition Of Copyright In Ongoing Scuff Up Over Cable Box Reform
- Cable Industry's False Copyright Claims Are Killing Cable Box Reform Efforts
- Ton Of Tech Industry Leaders Say Trump Would Be A Complete Disaster For Innovation
- As UK Piracy Falls To Record Lows, Government Still Wants To Put Pirates In Jail For 10 Years
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 78: What's Next For Online Video?