by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 3rd 2009 3:23pm
We were surprised and disappointed when Amazon gave in to the Authors Guild's baseless claim that the TTS somehow violated its copyrights. It looks like a lot of others are disappointed as well. A group is now organizing a protest against the Authors Guild for trying to determine whether or not Amazon was allowed to innovate. As the EFF notes, "The publishing industry shouldn't have veto power over new technology." If you're in New York City, you should look into the details of the protest on Tuesday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 40: Is Silicon Valley Only Building Tech For The Rich?
- The MPAA Will Let Amazon Touch Its Stuff, But Only If It Agrees To A Ton Of Stipulations
- How The Heavy Hand Of Government Stifles The On Demand Economy
- Verizon Thinks It's A Good Idea To Mock New Jersey Taxpayers After Ripping Them Off For Years
- Authors Guilded, United, And Representing... Not Authors