by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 3rd 2009 3:23pm
We were surprised and disappointed when Amazon gave in to the Authors Guild's baseless claim that the TTS somehow violated its copyrights. It looks like a lot of others are disappointed as well. A group is now organizing a protest against the Authors Guild for trying to determine whether or not Amazon was allowed to innovate. As the EFF notes, "The publishing industry shouldn't have veto power over new technology." If you're in New York City, you should look into the details of the protest on Tuesday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Here Comes The Attempt To Reframe Silicon Valley As Modern Robber Barons
- Why Is The Hotel Industry More Focused On Harming Airbnb Than Improving Their Own Product?
- Copyright Society's 'World IP Day' Lesson: Give Us Your Copyrights For Nothing
- Don't Wait For Google, Netflix Or Facebook's Help If You Want To Save Net Neutrality
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 114: Alexa, Play This Podcast