by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 3rd 2009 3:23pm
We were surprised and disappointed when Amazon gave in to the Authors Guild's baseless claim that the TTS somehow violated its copyrights. It looks like a lot of others are disappointed as well. A group is now organizing a protest against the Authors Guild for trying to determine whether or not Amazon was allowed to innovate. As the EFF notes, "The publishing industry shouldn't have veto power over new technology." If you're in New York City, you should look into the details of the protest on Tuesday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Weird Psychology Of People Fighting Those Who Resell Their Products
- Yet Another Report Says More Innovation, Rather Than More Enforcement, Reduces Piracy
- Gizmodo Completely Misses The Point Of Cord Cutting
- Comcast Fancies Itself The Tesla Of Cable
- No Matter Who Our Next President Is, They Won't Understand Technology