by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 12th 2009 7:03pm
A few people submitted stories about a German school shooting this week, noting that the AP report on the shooting spoke to a friend of the killer, talking about how they used to play video games together, and that some of them were violent. I decided not to post it initially, because it was a small part of the story, and there was nothing saying anyone was actually responding to that aspect, yet. But... of course... it didn't take long at all. Politicians are leaping on the bandwagon and already some are calling for a total ban on violent video games, despite no actual evidence that violent video games had anything, whatsoever, to do with the killings.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Full Counter-Argument To Game Studios Claiming A Need For DRM: The Witcher 3
- Virginia Police Force BBC Reporters To Delete Camera Footage Of Police Pursuit Of Shooter
- 200-Plus Scholars Speak Out Against American Psychological Association's Violence/Gaming Study
- EA: Complaints About On-Disc DLC Are 'Nonsense'
- Retro Games Industry Booming Despite Pirate-Options Being Super Available