by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 12th 2009 7:03pm
A few people submitted stories about a German school shooting this week, noting that the AP report on the shooting spoke to a friend of the killer, talking about how they used to play video games together, and that some of them were violent. I decided not to post it initially, because it was a small part of the story, and there was nothing saying anyone was actually responding to that aspect, yet. But... of course... it didn't take long at all. Politicians are leaping on the bandwagon and already some are calling for a total ban on violent video games, despite no actual evidence that violent video games had anything, whatsoever, to do with the killings.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 2 Teen Diablo Players Were Charged, Got Probation For 'Stealing' Virtual Items That Were Replaced
- Meanwhile, In Japan: More Arrests For Cheating At Video Games
- Press, University Say Study Shows Link Between Gaming And Alzheimer's; Spoiler: No It Doesn't
- Wikileaks Releases Transcript Of German Inquiry Into Growing NSA Spy Scandal
- Stanford Prison Experiment Psychologist: You're Never Going To Get Laid, You Game-Playing, Porn-Watching Fat-Asses