by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 12th 2009 7:03pm
A few people submitted stories about a German school shooting this week, noting that the AP report on the shooting spoke to a friend of the killer, talking about how they used to play video games together, and that some of them were violent. I decided not to post it initially, because it was a small part of the story, and there was nothing saying anyone was actually responding to that aspect, yet. But... of course... it didn't take long at all. Politicians are leaping on the bandwagon and already some are calling for a total ban on violent video games, despite no actual evidence that violent video games had anything, whatsoever, to do with the killings.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Copyright Takes Down High-Profile Translation Of Thomas Piketty's Comments On Germany & Greek Debt
- German Court Says YouTube Isn't Liable For Infringement, But Wants A Notice-And-Staydown Process
- DailyDirt: Playing Super Mario By Rote... Is Fun?
- Took Longer Than I Expected: Bill O'Reilly Yanks Video Games Into Charleston Massacre For No Reason At All
- Arkham Knight PC Game Arrives Just In Time To Demonstrate Why Steam Needed Refunds