by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 12th 2009 7:03pm
A few people submitted stories about a German school shooting this week, noting that the AP report on the shooting spoke to a friend of the killer, talking about how they used to play video games together, and that some of them were violent. I decided not to post it initially, because it was a small part of the story, and there was nothing saying anyone was actually responding to that aspect, yet. But... of course... it didn't take long at all. Politicians are leaping on the bandwagon and already some are calling for a total ban on violent video games, despite no actual evidence that violent video games had anything, whatsoever, to do with the killings.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Crime Agency's Latest Moral Panic: Kids Modding Videogames May Be A Gateway To Becoming Criminal Hackers
- German Consumers Face $26,500 Fine If They Don't Destroy Poorly-Secured 'Smart' Doll
- Denuvo Strikes Back: The DRM Has Been Patched And Is Working... For Now
- eSports Gets An Introduction To Major College Sports At The University Of Utah
- German Court Rules Parents Must Out Their Family Members For Copyright Trolls Or Pay Fines Themselves