by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 12th 2009 7:03pm
A few people submitted stories about a German school shooting this week, noting that the AP report on the shooting spoke to a friend of the killer, talking about how they used to play video games together, and that some of them were violent. I decided not to post it initially, because it was a small part of the story, and there was nothing saying anyone was actually responding to that aspect, yet. But... of course... it didn't take long at all. Politicians are leaping on the bandwagon and already some are calling for a total ban on violent video games, despite no actual evidence that violent video games had anything, whatsoever, to do with the killings.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Train Simulator 2016 And How We've Reached The Crest Of The Dumb DLC Wave
- Zee Germans Are Coming: German Copyright Troll Announces Plans For Anti-Piracy Surge In The UK
- Predictable: The Fragmented Media Will Give Us All Our Post-Oregon-Shooting Outrage Blankets
- DailyDirt: Can't We Just Play Games For Fun?
- Zuckerberg Tells Angela Merkel Facebook Is On The Hate Speech Censorship Case