by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 12th 2009 7:03pm
A few people submitted stories about a German school shooting this week, noting that the AP report on the shooting spoke to a friend of the killer, talking about how they used to play video games together, and that some of them were violent. I decided not to post it initially, because it was a small part of the story, and there was nothing saying anyone was actually responding to that aspect, yet. But... of course... it didn't take long at all. Politicians are leaping on the bandwagon and already some are calling for a total ban on violent video games, despite no actual evidence that violent video games had anything, whatsoever, to do with the killings.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Nintendo Shuts Down Fan Remake Of 25 Year Old Metroid 2 Game Because It Can't Help Itself
- Riot Games Joins Blizzard In Misusing Copyright To Go After Video Game Cheaters
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 84: Is It The 'Pokemon' Or The 'Go' That Matters?
- Daily Deal: Pay What You Want Graphics And FX Mastery Bundle
- American Academy Of Pediatrics Claims Broad Consensus On Violent Media Effect That Doesn't Remotely Exist