by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 12th 2009 7:03pm
A few people submitted stories about a German school shooting this week, noting that the AP report on the shooting spoke to a friend of the killer, talking about how they used to play video games together, and that some of them were violent. I decided not to post it initially, because it was a small part of the story, and there was nothing saying anyone was actually responding to that aspect, yet. But... of course... it didn't take long at all. Politicians are leaping on the bandwagon and already some are calling for a total ban on violent video games, despite no actual evidence that violent video games had anything, whatsoever, to do with the killings.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- German Judge Fines Father Because He Didn't Tell His Kid Not To Engage In Piracy
- Germany's Spy Agency Walks Away From Three-Year Investigation With Expanded Spy Powers
- Leaked Documents Show German Intelligence Agency Spent Years Spying On Foreign And Domestic Journalists
- German Regulators Urge Parents To Destroy WiFi Connected Doll Over Surveillance Fears
- Techdirt's Readers Kept This German Comedian Out Of Prison