by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 13th 2009 12:42pm
You may have heard, recently, that some top name musicians went to Congress in support of the proposed Ticketmaster-Live Nation merger that has many people in the industry worried. Eddie Van Halen, Seal, Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins and the four members of the band Journey wrote letters to Congress favoring the deal. But, none of them mentioned a rather important fact, that Bruce Houghton is pointing out: every one of those musicians is managed or co-managed by Irving Azoff, who just so conveniently happens to be CEO of.... Ticketmaster. Doesn't that seem like a bit of a conflict of interest? Or, at the very least, something worth admitting to prior to pushing for the deal to be approved?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Charter's Mega Merger Results In Higher Prices, Slower Speeds, And Worse Customer Support Than Ever
- Senator Wyden Warns That AT&T's New Merger Poses A Massive Threat To Net Neutrality
- AT&T's Already Making Things Up To Get Its Massive New Merger Approved
- Ticketmaster Finally Dropping Captcha System...For Ad-Driven Captcha Clone
- Does Ticketmaster Undercount Tickets Sold To Underpay?