Scammers look they're being stimulated by the government's stimulus plan, and it seems likely that they're finding plenty of marks in these gloomy economic times. For instance, fake job ads that are fronts for identity theft are up 345% over the last three years. It wouldn't be a stretch to think they'll become even more common, as more and more people start searching for jobs -- and their desperation leads them to lower their defenses in hopes of landing employment.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bogus Defamation Lawsuit Using Fake Plaintiff And Defendant Challenged By Public Citizen
- Another Court Says Law Enforcement Officers Don't Really Need To Know The Laws They're Enforcing
- As ISPs Push Harder On Usage Caps, House Pushes Bill Preventing The FCC From Doing Anything About It
- Oh, Look: Yet Another Security Flaw In Government Websites
- The Latest In Reputation Management: Bogus Defamation Suits From Bogus Companies Against Bogus Defendants