Tue, Mar 24th 2009 2:59pm
An in-no-way-biased survey from a German broadband trade group says that 84 percent of German twentysomethings would rather give up their partner or a car than their internet connection. No word on the breakdown of that 84 percent between partner and car, but given the fantastic experiences I've had on German public transport, I've got to imagine cars are probably much easier to give up. Although if you ditch your partner, you can always find a new one online, though just eight percent of respondents said they'd done so. Don't buy it? Just check out the travails of recently split up celebrity couple Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer. Apparently she dumped him because Mayer would make time for Twitter, but not for her.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Cord Cutting The Cable Industry Says Isn't Happening, Keeps Happening
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 112: When A Typo Breaks The Internet
- Top Russian Net Official Says Children Under 10 Shouldn't Go Online -- At All
- Putin's Adviser Says Russia Must Be Ready To Disconnect Itself From The Global Internet
- EU's Departing Internet Commissioner Leaves Behind Copyright Plan That Will Outlaw Basic Internet Functions