by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 2nd 2009 7:18am
Well here's one that I totally did not expect to see: Senator Joe Lieberman is asking why US court documents are locked up behind PACER's paywall. It's an excellent question. These documents are in the public domain and should be available to everyone. Folks like Carl Malamud are trying to make it happen, but it's still surprising to see Lieberman realize that this is a big issue.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Should A Court Allow A Case To Disappear Entirely Because The Person Regrets Filing It?
- Ohio Court Sanctions Lawyer For Sharing Publicly-Available Court Documents With Journalists
- Lawsuit Filed Over PACER Fees
- US Courts Administrative Office Sued Because PACER's Bad Math Is Overcharging Users
- San Franciscans: Please Join Carl Malamud's Campaign To Help Free Up Court Documents