by Mike Masnick
Fri, Feb 27th 2009 7:28pm
With all of the stories over the past few years concerning the supposed "risks" of kids playing violent video games -- often argued over soundbites on cable news networks, The Onion comes to the rescue with the perfect antidote, wondering Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Children For The Apocalypse?
I wonder if Jack Thompson would like to weigh in on the debate... My favorite line: "The games all make it seem deceptively simple. I mean, in the future, a kid's not going to be able to kill a six-foot irradiated beetle just by pressing a few buttons. He's going to have to get down there with an axe, and hack and hack and hack." Indeed. Violent video games need to be even more real. Otherwise, we're all doomed.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Like Flies: Doom The Latest Game To Remove Denuvo Via Patch
- Game Review Site Says Square Enix Blacklisted Them To Punish Low Review Scores
- Russia Accuses EA Of LGBT Propaganda Over Including Rainbow Shoelaces Soccer Players Wore In Real Life
- Facebook To Ruin Our Good Time With 'Satire' Disclaimer; The Onion Responds With Satire
- Even The Onion Is Mocking Big Pharma's Focus On Patents Over All Else