by Mike Masnick
Fri, Feb 27th 2009 7:28pm
With all of the stories over the past few years concerning the supposed "risks" of kids playing violent video games -- often argued over soundbites on cable news networks, The Onion comes to the rescue with the perfect antidote, wondering Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Children For The Apocalypse?
I wonder if Jack Thompson would like to weigh in on the debate... My favorite line: "The games all make it seem deceptively simple. I mean, in the future, a kid's not going to be able to kill a six-foot irradiated beetle just by pressing a few buttons. He's going to have to get down there with an axe, and hack and hack and hack." Indeed. Violent video games need to be even more real. Otherwise, we're all doomed.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Remember When Cracking Groups Said Denuvo Would End Game Piracy? Yeah, Didn't Happen
- Nintendo Shuts Down Fan Remake Of 25 Year Old Metroid 2 Game Because It Can't Help Itself
- Study Says Police Body Cameras Have Contributed To Increased Uses Of Deadly Force
- Facebook To Ruin Our Good Time With 'Satire' Disclaimer; The Onion Responds With Satire
- Even The Onion Is Mocking Big Pharma's Focus On Patents Over All Else