by Mike Masnick
Thu, Feb 26th 2009 2:09pm
Apparently, the French coastal town of Eu is so upset that people can't find the town via a Google search, that it's considering changing its name. The mayor of the town is quite concerned about how this is impacting the town's tourism business -- which does show the cultural dominance of Google, these days, on some things. Of course, as the article notes, a search on Eu french town turns up plenty of results -- though, even those are currently dominated by stories like this one about the name search. Perhaps the town just needs to hire better SEO experts...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- David Cameron & The Pig: Revenge Porn & The Right To Be Forgotten
- DailyDirt: Can't We Just Play Games For Fun?
- Amazon Bans Sale Of Competing Apple TV, Chromecast Devices To 'Avoid Customer Confusion'
- EU Orders Makers Of DieselStormers To Change Name Because Diesel Clothing Trademarked Diesel For Everything
- Auto Industry's Own Study Demolishes Case For Car Safety Harmonization In TAFTA/TTIP