You may recall a few years back that China started demanding that all websites register with the government for approval. We hadn't heard much about the program since then, but apparently the government has recently decided to shut down thousands of "unregistered" websites, mostly of small businesses. Considering the state of the economy these days (yes, in China as well), you would think that China would think twice before shutting down small business websites... but apparently the ability to control the internet trumps all economic concerns.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- US Intelligence Community's Cavalier Attitude Towards OPM Hack
- Homeland Security Detains Stockton Mayor, Forces Him To Hand Over His Passwords
- China Makes Big Push To Get American Tech Companies To Agree To Its Rules
- DOJ Drops All Charges Against Professor After Realizing No One Checked To See If What He Sent To China Was Actually A Secret
- China Forces Developers Of Great Wall Circumvention Tools To Delete Their Software