Thu, Feb 19th 2009 6:22pm
The Nintendo Wii has been the subject of class-action lawsuits before, but this could be a new low: some guy now claims he's preparing another one for the company to deal with, because he alleges Nintendo misrepresents the Wii as a fitness tool when it actually contributes to obesity. He equates Nintendo to tobacco companies misrepresenting the safety of their products, but as Engadget points out, he's not just some do-gooder concerned about the health of America, he's also somebody who makes his living from it, and apparently has a fitness radio show that's about to launch. Somehow it's hard to imagine this suit will get anywhere; but we also imagine it was never really meant to anyway.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Pokemon Company Shuts Down Pokemon PAX Party Because Fun Is A Tool Of Team Rocket
- DailyDirt: Playing Super Mario By Rote... Is Fun?
- Nintendo Bricks Wii U Consoles Unless Owners Agree To New EULA
- Nintendo Kills Online Functionality For Wii, DS Titles, Highlighting Need For Greater User Control Over Content They Supposedly Own
- Cop Shoots Teen Holding Wii Controller In His Own Home