Mon, Feb 9th 2009 2:24am
Say hello to HD NVD, China's latest homegrown high-definition DVD format. It joins EVD, another Chinese effort, along with HD VMD to try and drag Blu-Ray back into a standards fight, following its triumph over HD DVD. Best of luck with that, even with NVD's supposed cost advantage thanks to a lack of foreign-owned intellectual property. That's the same argument that was used for China's homegrown TD-SCDMA 3G technology, which hasn't exactly thrust them to the forefront of mobile telecommunications.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China To Ban Ad Blockers As Part Of New Regulations For Online Advertising
- Just As We Warned: A Chinese Tech Giant Goes On The Patent Attack -- In East Texas
- China Forbids The Use Of English Words In Mobile Games
- China Decrees That All News On Websites Must Funnel Through Government Approval
- Thin-Skinned Chinese Govt. Declares Media War On Lady Gaga For Meeting With The Dalai Lama