Mon, Feb 9th 2009 2:24am
Say hello to HD NVD, China's latest homegrown high-definition DVD format. It joins EVD, another Chinese effort, along with HD VMD to try and drag Blu-Ray back into a standards fight, following its triumph over HD DVD. Best of luck with that, even with NVD's supposed cost advantage thanks to a lack of foreign-owned intellectual property. That's the same argument that was used for China's homegrown TD-SCDMA 3G technology, which hasn't exactly thrust them to the forefront of mobile telecommunications.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- US Intelligence Community's Cavalier Attitude Towards OPM Hack
- Homeland Security Detains Stockton Mayor, Forces Him To Hand Over His Passwords
- China Makes Big Push To Get American Tech Companies To Agree To Its Rules
- DOJ Drops All Charges Against Professor After Realizing No One Checked To See If What He Sent To China Was Actually A Secret
- China Forces Developers Of Great Wall Circumvention Tools To Delete Their Software