Mon, Feb 9th 2009 2:24am
Say hello to HD NVD, China's latest homegrown high-definition DVD format. It joins EVD, another Chinese effort, along with HD VMD to try and drag Blu-Ray back into a standards fight, following its triumph over HD DVD. Best of luck with that, even with NVD's supposed cost advantage thanks to a lack of foreign-owned intellectual property. That's the same argument that was used for China's homegrown TD-SCDMA 3G technology, which hasn't exactly thrust them to the forefront of mobile telecommunications.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bruce Schneier: Sure, Russia & China Probably Have The Snowden Docs... But Not Because Of Snowden
- The Pulitzer Prize In Bullshit FUD Reporting Goes To... The Sunday Times For Its 'Snowden Expose'
- Second OPM Hack Revealed: Even Worse Than The First
- Meet RCEP: Yet Another Big Bad Trade Agreement No One Has Heard Of
- US Government's HR Department Has Been Hacked, Government Employee Data Leaked