Mon, Feb 9th 2009 2:24am
Say hello to HD NVD, China's latest homegrown high-definition DVD format. It joins EVD, another Chinese effort, along with HD VMD to try and drag Blu-Ray back into a standards fight, following its triumph over HD DVD. Best of luck with that, even with NVD's supposed cost advantage thanks to a lack of foreign-owned intellectual property. That's the same argument that was used for China's homegrown TD-SCDMA 3G technology, which hasn't exactly thrust them to the forefront of mobile telecommunications.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Great Database of China: Rating Moral Behavior, Blacklisting Citizens
- China's Top Mobile Company Complains About Counterfeits
- Wall Street Journal Suggests Snowden Gave China Its 'Great Cannon' Software... Based On Pure Random Speculation
- Google Completely Cuts Off Chinese Government's Certificate Authority, CNNIC
- China's Great Firewall Turned Around: Why China Wants To Censor Global Internet