by Mike Masnick
Tue, Feb 10th 2009 3:17am
Reader Virginia notes that in an announcement concerning European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao meeting to talk about various issues, it seems odd that "piracy" was apparently a priority over both the financial crisis and climate change. You would think that the other issues would be much more important, but the old legacy content industry still has been able to convince politicians that piracy is some huge political problem, rather than a business model issue they could take on, if only they bothered to try.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- India Criminalizes Merely Visiting A Copyright Infringing 'Blocked' Site
- Why Does The Copyright Office Keep Acting Like A Lobbying Arm For Hollywood?
- Donald Trump On Intellectual Property: China Is Bad
- The Ridiculous Concept Of The 'Value Gap' In Music Services... And How It Could Harm Both The Tech Industry And The Music Industry
- China's Home-Grown Version Of Spotify Shows How To Make Money In A World Of Digital Abundance