by Mike Masnick
Tue, Feb 10th 2009 3:17am
Reader Virginia notes that in an announcement concerning European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao meeting to talk about various issues, it seems odd that "piracy" was apparently a priority over both the financial crisis and climate change. You would think that the other issues would be much more important, but the old legacy content industry still has been able to convince politicians that piracy is some huge political problem, rather than a business model issue they could take on, if only they bothered to try.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Capcom Releases DRM For Street Fighter 5, Promptly Rolls It Back When It Screws Legitimate Customers
- Movie Theater Security Guards Assault Women, Claim They Were Pirating Movie
- Yet Another Report Says More Innovation, Rather Than More Enforcement, Reduces Piracy
- How Pirates Shaped The Internet As We Know It
- Chinese State Patent Troll Absorbed By Smartphone Maker Xiaomi, Adding To Its Patent Hoard