by Mike Masnick
Tue, Feb 10th 2009 3:17am
Reader Virginia notes that in an announcement concerning European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao meeting to talk about various issues, it seems odd that "piracy" was apparently a priority over both the financial crisis and climate change. You would think that the other issues would be much more important, but the old legacy content industry still has been able to convince politicians that piracy is some huge political problem, rather than a business model issue they could take on, if only they bothered to try.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- European Mobile Networks Plan To Block Ads, Not For Your Safety, But To Mess With Google
- European Court To Explore If Linking To Infringing Material Is Infringing
- The Great Database of China: Rating Moral Behavior, Blacklisting Citizens
- China's Top Mobile Company Complains About Counterfeits
- Wall Street Journal Suggests Snowden Gave China Its 'Great Cannon' Software... Based On Pure Random Speculation