by Mike Masnick
Tue, Feb 10th 2009 3:17am
Reader Virginia notes that in an announcement concerning European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao meeting to talk about various issues, it seems odd that "piracy" was apparently a priority over both the financial crisis and climate change. You would think that the other issues would be much more important, but the old legacy content industry still has been able to convince politicians that piracy is some huge political problem, rather than a business model issue they could take on, if only they bothered to try.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Right Way To Stop Piracy
- China Looks To Quell Dissent With 'Citizen Scores,' A Number That Tracks Purchases, Opinions And Social Circles
- US Intelligence Community's Cavalier Attitude Towards OPM Hack
- Homeland Security Detains Stockton Mayor, Forces Him To Hand Over His Passwords
- John Oliver Would Like You To Replace Your Bogus Facebook Copyright Privacy Statement With His Own