by Mike Masnick
Tue, Feb 3rd 2009 10:53am
Last year, in writing about all of the various new laws being proposed to ban all sorts of different driving distractions, we asked for suggestions on what other specific driving distractions should be banned. It looks like one politician in Texas is now trying to ban a bunch of those in a single bill (technically, he's just looking to increase the fine, if you're caught doing any of these things). Aman Batheja points us to the details, including the fact that eating, shaving and faxing while driving are on the list. But even more interesting to me are the issues with "interacting with passengers" or "interacting with a pet." Why not just disallow driving with any other living being?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- If You Want To Believe This Country Is Falling Apart, Just Ask Those Who Are Supposed To Be Keeping It Together
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Changing The Channel
- Judge Tears Apart Law Enforcement's Ridiculous Assertions About 'Suspicious' Behavior
- Ridiculously Stupid: 4 State Attorneys General File Totally Bogus Lawsuit Against Internet Transition
- Houston Law Firm Sues Student With Severe Back Injuries For $200k After She Posts Negative Reviews To Yelp, Facebook