by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 22nd 2009 10:35am
Some new research has found that, despite media hype, there is no relationship between violent video games and school shootings. The report criticizes earlier reports linking violent video games to aggression, noting that their methodology was flawed -- and also points to the unfortunate trend of politicians and the mainstream media to team up to create moral panics around such things despite not having any evidence of a causal link. This is the latest in a long line of recent research that has noted similar findings. Maybe we can finally get past blaming video games for youth violence...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Loretta Lynch Essentially Says The Ferguson Effect Is Bullshit
- Frequent Errors In Scientific Software May Undermine Many Published Results
- Elsevier Says Downloading And Content-Mining Licensed Copies Of Research Papers 'Could Be Considered' Stealing
- That Didn't Take Long: MLB Plans Action Against Fallout 4 David Ortiz Mod
- Thou Shall Not Browse: Comcast Refuses Service Call To Chicago Church Out Of Fear