by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 22nd 2009 10:35am
Some new research has found that, despite media hype, there is no relationship between violent video games and school shootings. The report criticizes earlier reports linking violent video games to aggression, noting that their methodology was flawed -- and also points to the unfortunate trend of politicians and the mainstream media to team up to create moral panics around such things despite not having any evidence of a causal link. This is the latest in a long line of recent research that has noted similar findings. Maybe we can finally get past blaming video games for youth violence...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bobby Jindal Announces Violent Games/Movies To Blame For All Those Mass Shootings
- Train Simulator 2016 And How We've Reached The Crest Of The Dumb DLC Wave
- DailyDirt: Can't We Just Play Games For Fun?
- DRM Still Breaking Games Nearly A Decade After Purchase
- Court Rules Gran Turismo Protected By 1st Amendment In Including Company Logos For Realism