by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 22nd 2009 10:35am
Some new research has found that, despite media hype, there is no relationship between violent video games and school shootings. The report criticizes earlier reports linking violent video games to aggression, noting that their methodology was flawed -- and also points to the unfortunate trend of politicians and the mainstream media to team up to create moral panics around such things despite not having any evidence of a causal link. This is the latest in a long line of recent research that has noted similar findings. Maybe we can finally get past blaming video games for youth violence...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Press, University Say Study Shows Link Between Gaming And Alzheimer's; Spoiler: No It Doesn't
- Stanford Prison Experiment Psychologist: You're Never Going To Get Laid, You Game-Playing, Porn-Watching Fat-Asses
- Video Game Trend: The Decline Of The 'Game' And The Emergence Of The 'Living Game World'
- Anti-Piracy Activist Issues Takedown To Chilling Effects To Take Down Her Takedown Notice To Google
- Valve Announces It's Handing Its Banning-Keys Over To Game Developers