by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 22nd 2009 10:35am
Some new research has found that, despite media hype, there is no relationship between violent video games and school shootings. The report criticizes earlier reports linking violent video games to aggression, noting that their methodology was flawed -- and also points to the unfortunate trend of politicians and the mainstream media to team up to create moral panics around such things despite not having any evidence of a causal link. This is the latest in a long line of recent research that has noted similar findings. Maybe we can finally get past blaming video games for youth violence...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Remember When Cracking Groups Said Denuvo Would End Game Piracy? Yeah, Didn't Happen
- Nintendo Shuts Down Fan Remake Of 25 Year Old Metroid 2 Game Because It Can't Help Itself
- Who Should Get The Benefits When You Donate Your DNA For Research?
- Study Says Police Body Cameras Have Contributed To Increased Uses Of Deadly Force
- Volkswagen Created A 'Backdoor' To Basically All Its Cars... And Now Hackers Can Open All Of Them