by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 9th 2009 5:06pm
We've often discussed various ways that businesses can learn to embrace piracy for the purpose of making money, but here's a new (if farcical) idea. Hypebot points us to the Pirates Prison Project -- a tongue in cheek suggestion for a way to use piracy to build up one area of the economy: prisons. The idea is that if we just start putting all those file sharers in prison, we're going to need a lot more prisons -- and isn't that just a business opportunity?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Reading List: Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars From Gutenberg To Gates
- Hacked Data Obtained By The Intercept Highlights Wholesale Spying On Inmate, Attorney Privileged Communications
- BBC Blocks VPN Access To Its On-Demand Service, Even From UK
- Our Response To The White House's Request For Comments On Its Intellectual Property Enforcement Strategy
- The Right Way To Stop Piracy