by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 9th 2009 5:06pm
We've often discussed various ways that businesses can learn to embrace piracy for the purpose of making money, but here's a new (if farcical) idea. Hypebot points us to the Pirates Prison Project -- a tongue in cheek suggestion for a way to use piracy to build up one area of the economy: prisons. The idea is that if we just start putting all those file sharers in prison, we're going to need a lot more prisons -- and isn't that just a business opportunity?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Movie Studios Considering Tightening Release Windows When They Should Be Eliminating Them
- eBook Pirates Tend To Be Older And Well Off, Which Means They Pirate Because Of Human Intuition On Economics
- Film Distributor Creates Torrent Site Clone That Gives Away Movie Tickets To Combat Piracy
- Aussie Film Distributor That Pledged To End Movie Release Delays To Combat Piracy Delays Movies Anyway
- Ed Sheeran: Piracy Is What Made Me