by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 9th 2009 5:06pm
We've often discussed various ways that businesses can learn to embrace piracy for the purpose of making money, but here's a new (if farcical) idea. Hypebot points us to the Pirates Prison Project -- a tongue in cheek suggestion for a way to use piracy to build up one area of the economy: prisons. The idea is that if we just start putting all those file sharers in prison, we're going to need a lot more prisons -- and isn't that just a business opportunity?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hateful Eight Pirated Leak Harms Film All The Way To Box Office Records
- Once Again, Piracy Is Destroying The Movie Industry... To Ever More Records At The Box Office
- Book Publisher Has No Idea How Google Works But Pretty Sure It Could End Piracy If It Tried
- Microsoft Lobbying Group Forces 'Pirate' To Get 200,000 Views On Anti-Piracy Video... Whole Thing Backfires
- Techdirt Reading List: Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars From Gutenberg To Gates