by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 9th 2009 5:06pm
We've often discussed various ways that businesses can learn to embrace piracy for the purpose of making money, but here's a new (if farcical) idea. Hypebot points us to the Pirates Prison Project -- a tongue in cheek suggestion for a way to use piracy to build up one area of the economy: prisons. The idea is that if we just start putting all those file sharers in prison, we're going to need a lot more prisons -- and isn't that just a business opportunity?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Capcom Releases DRM For Street Fighter 5, Promptly Rolls It Back When It Screws Legitimate Customers
- Movie Theater Security Guards Assault Women, Claim They Were Pirating Movie
- Yet Another Report Says More Innovation, Rather Than More Enforcement, Reduces Piracy
- How Pirates Shaped The Internet As We Know It
- India Criminalizes Merely Visiting A Copyright Infringing 'Blocked' Site