by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 16th 2009 12:38pm
Perhaps it's no surprise that, following the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, people are freaking out and blaming technology, as if that will prevent another terrorist attack. First, there were the calls to ban Google maps and now a large number of police are sweeping through all of Mumbai to find open WiFi networks and get the owners to shut the networks down. Of course, there are plenty of perfectly legitimate reasons for offering an open WiFi network, but it seems that no one is even considering that. Because such networks were used in the past by terrorists and possibly could be again, they all must go.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- India Set To Ban Zero Rating As Facebook's Misleading Lobbying Falls Flat
- Facebook Busted Trying To Fake Support For Its Net Neutrality Positions In India
- Facebook's Zuckerberg: If You Oppose Our International Power Grab, You're An Enemy Of The Poor
- India Tells Facebook To Shut Down Controversial Zero Rating Program 'Free Basics'
- Facebook Spam Tricks The Internet Into Supporting Company's AOL-ification Of Developing Nations